My school is involved in a David vs. Goliath battle right now with Dong-A University. The university, which is right next to my school is constructing a new building. This ordinarily wouldn't be a big deal, but the new building is going to completely block the sun from hitting most of my school and will block the sun from hitting the 3rd and 5th grade building entirely. Once the building plan was revealed, my school officials and parents started the process of fighting the university. They are filing a lawsuit (on what grounds I'm not sure), they held a huge Q&A with the university officials (I attended and it got really heated), my school has posted signs proclaiming their distaste for the university, and the parents protest with signs outside the building site everyday. The university isn't breaking any laws as far as I know, but the parents are more concerned with how the morale of their children will be affected by studying and playing in the shade all day.
One of the many signs around my school. I am not sure what it says but I know it isn't promoting Dong-A University in any positive manner.
You can see the building site directly behind the 3rd and 5th grade building (the tan building on the right).

No comments:
Post a Comment