It's time to meet some more awesome students from Bumin Elementary. Get excited! I am going to try and interview the next batch of students and film it to post on here. They get pretty shy when the video camera is around so we will see how it goes.
On the left: Nicole (6th grade). On the right: Songleep (6th Grade)
Obviously Nicole is a girl's name in the US but it must not be in Korea. When Ali came to visit, she met Nicole and when I asked what she thought about him, she was surprised he was a boy. He is probably the most masculine 6th grader in my school, and is also the goalkeeper for my school's soccer team, so we have that in common. He comes by my office everyday and we watch soccer videos and chat about how soccer is going for him. Songleep is a poster child for ADHD. He can't sit still for more than 5 seconds. He is a good kid but likes attention and will do whatever it takes to get it.
This is JeeWon. She is in 6th grade. She is one of the more popular 6th grade girls. Songleep has a huge crush on her and they sit together during English class. She claims to have no interest in him, and I believe her. She is also in my pop song class that I teach every Friday after lunch. Her English level is one of the highest at my school.
This little girl comes with a great story. No matter how hard I try, I can never remember her name. I have learned so many names, both English and Korean but hers fails me every time for some reason. During English camp this summer, she got annoyed that I was always asking for her name, so she told me I could call her "no name." I thought that was very clever. But it came with a stipulation. That being, she could call me "no hair." It's worked out so far.
This is Wendy. She is in 6th grade. She has a brother, Teju, who is in 3rd grade. I have been over to their house for dinner twice and absolutely love her parents. They also have a girl from Rwanda living with them that is going to school in Korea. Wendy and her family visited Africa last year and Wendy will be going back for a month this winter. She has a pet hedgehog named, Pizza.
This is Yoobin. He is in 5th grade and is also in my pop song class. I have no idea why he painted cat whiskers on his face that day. He is a very smart kid who speaks English and Chinese very well. He is the only student in the pop song class that sings at the top of his lungs every time. The rest of them are too cool to sing sometimes.

Adorable!!
ReplyDelete