Every week or so I am going to feature a few of my students on my blog. They are the reason I get up everyday to do what I do and there is never a dull moment through out the day because of them. When I first got here I thought all the kids looked the same and I worried that I would never be able to tell them apart. As time passed though I started to recognize their differences and watched in amazement as each of their little personalities came out. Each of them are unique and I have developed a bond with so many of them. Since they are my biggest fans over here and keep me smiling throughout the day, I wanted you to meet them. So, here is the first batch of profiles. Keep in mind that I try my best not to chose favorites, but anyone who has taught before knows how difficult that is. I hope you enjoy reading about these little guys as much as I enjoy teaching them.
This is Christina. She is in 3rd grade. She has been going to an English academy since she was 5 so she speaks English very well. We are able to have normal conversations. She is in the group that waits for me outside the cafeteria everyday. 1/4 of the Korean words I have learned, she has taught me. She hates to have her picture taken, and I had to convince her I wouldn't show it to anyone. So, mums the word!
This is SoHyun. She is in 2nd grade. Even though I don't teach 2nd grade, she always comes out to give me a big hug when I walk past her classroom. She is smaller than most of the 1st graders but has a very commanding personality. She isn't at all camera shy.
This is Choi. He is in 3rd grade. He is by far the most talented baseball player in my school. He pitches better and throws harder than every 6th grader. He is a shy kid but isn't afraid to let lose when the camera is around. I posted an edited version of this picture on my Flickr page and it has become quite popular.
This is Karl. He is in 6th grade and is definitely one of my favorites. He is a popular kid with lots of friends and is a pretty good ball player. I like him because he comes in and says hello everyday but he never outstays his welcome. He is one of the few students that can recognize that I am busy and need to be left alone to get my work done without me saying something.
This is Jimmy. He is in 4th grade. He spends the most time with me out of any student. He is quiet, unassuming and is the perfect student. Everyday, he waits for me to finish lunch, then walks with me to my office. He also spends about 2 hours with me after school lets out, just watching whatever I am doing. If I am busy, he will just sit quietly next to me and usually when I am done we will read a book or chat. If I get up to get water, or go somewhere, he goes with me. He is like my little protege. He speaks English very well and we can have fairly normal conversations.

No comments:
Post a Comment