Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hiking with Co-Workers

Every so often here in Korea, each school's teacher will leave work early and have some sort of outing. It helps keep the morale of the teachers high and gives them a chance to socialize outside of a work setting. Each teacher pays a certain amount of money each semester to cover the costs of the outings which usually include dinner and lots of drinking. This past Friday we all left school at 3pm to go hiking near Dadaepo Beach. Dadaepo is one of my favorite spots in Korea for many reasons and the hiking we did there just added to that list. We hiked about 20 minutes down to small pebble beach and spent an hour chatting, laughing, playing games and skipping rocks.

A lot of trails in Korea aren't very rugged. As you can tell this one is paved. Kind of takes the fun away but most of the avid hikers in Korea are very old so I guess they appreciate it.

This is most of the group on the beach. This was supposed to be a "crazy pose" picture. Looks pretty tame to me.

This is Myungoon's "sexy man" pose. As soon as he did this, Mina ( a female teacher) looked at me and said "Myungoon's sexy is broken." How funny is that!
Mrs. Wie (my co teacher), Me, Mr. Beh, UnJoung, cant remember her name. When I first met Mrs. Wie, I asked her what I should call her. She said you can call me Mrs. Wie. I thought this was strange considering we are basically the same age but I went with it. I told her she can call me Aaron, not Mr. Osteen which would be weird.
Who doesn't love skipping rocks? Myungoon was like the Michael Jordan of rock skipping. His went forever. I challenged him to a skip off and he embarassed me!
This game was pretty simple. Whoever breaks the beer bottle with a rock is the winner. This game was stopped abrubtly when our principal finally arived.

No comments:

Post a Comment