I love Busan and living in the city, but I definitely miss the peace and quiet that the mountains provide. Since I hadn't left Busan in a few months, some friends and I decided to spend the weekend in the mountains recharging our batteries. We decided to head to a town called Benegol which is about an hour from Busan by train and bus. My friend Jess researched the area and reserved a pension (rental house) for us to stay in for the weekend. We spent the weekend playing games, laughing, telling stories, lounging, eating and most importantly...relaxing! Two of the people that came are from NC. One of them went to Appalachian and one went to Western. Below are a few highlights of the trip.
The whole gang, minus myself. Carlos, Jess, Jill, Billy and Luna.
Jill, being from LA had never seen a haystack before. She was more than willing to hop on top of this one for a few pictures.
She is also obsessed with apples and eats several everyday but she had never seen an apple growing on a tree. I had never seen someone so happy about picking an apple. The owners of the orchard ended up giving her 5 free apples because she was so excited. It's the little things in life that bring the most joy.
This is the village where our pension was located. Looks a lot like Western NC, huh?
It was a great weekend with great friends. The next time I leave Busan, I will be going to Indonesia for my winter vacation! More on this to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment