Since I am about a month away before flying to Korea I figured it was time to get the ball rolling on this blogging gig. I'll be honest, I have never been involved in the whole blogging scene nor have I ever had any interest in getting involved. But, since I will be embarking on a year long adventure that some have shown interest in hearing about I figured it wouldn't kill me to give it a go. The first post you see titled, "why I want to to teach in Korea" was initially used in my "web-based resume" that I sent out to different recruiters for Korean teaching jobs. I must admit though that this cleverly worded excerpt wasn't written by yours truely but instead by a good friend and oft published environmental attorney who's name will remain anonymous.
The last step in my journey to Korea led me to the Korean Consulate's office in Atlanta on Friday where I applied for my E-2 visa. The E-2 visa is a teaching visa that allows me to live and work (teach only) in Korea for a duration of one year. Once I pick up my visa from the consulate's office on Wednesday I am free to book my travel to Korea. I have a tentative departure date of February 17th which would have me on Korean soil on the 18th. Needless to say I am experiencing a multitude of emotions at this point but I honestly don't believe the true magnitude of the situation has set in yet. I have been told that it wont set in until I pass through security before my first flight and realize that I am truely alone on my journey from here.

No comments:
Post a Comment