Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My new school...

I started teaching at my new school last week and am loving it so far. This school is quite a bit larger than my previous one so it makes getting to know my students a little more difficult since I only see each class once per week. I also have to commute to work now which is a big change. Last year I only had to walk about 100 feet to school, now I take a bus 30 minutes. I am not a fan of buses normally but my route takes me through Jagalchi Fish Market which is great cause I get to see the fish mongers setting up for the day. I have three co teachers this year instead of two, one for 5th and 6th grade, one for 3rd and one for 4th. I also moved into a new apartment in another part of the city. Those are the only big changes this year.



My new school. Yeong-do Elementary.
View from the 4th floor of the field and the gym. We are one of the lucky schools that have turf instead of just a dirt field.
The English classroom for 5th and 6th grade.
The "English Park" aka my office. That's my desk tucked away in the back corner.
The view from my office. If you click on the image to enlarge it, you can see the Busan Tower.
I definitely miss the students I got to know so well last year but am very happy I decided to give another school a go. More on my new apartment which Jill decorated and on my new students to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment