Sunday, December 6, 2009

Indonesia!

My winter vacation plans are finally set. I will be spending almost 3 weeks traveling throughout the islands of Indonesia. I am flying into Bali on January 11th and won't return to Korea until January 31st.

I will be island hopping through the Lesser Sunda's which are in Southeast Indonesia.



The first stop is the island of Bali. I have already reserved the lounge chairs closest to the lifeguard shack.


This volcanic lake is on the island of Flores. There are three of these colored lakes right next to each other. Flores is also home to the "Flores Man" which is a species of human that was discovered in 2003, known to be one of the smallest human species.


This is the island of Komodo. Home to the Komodo dragon which is the largest lizard on earth. It only lives on this island and the island of Rinca right next door.


Komodo's can grow to up to 10 feet long and weigh up to 150 pounds. I am planning on spending a few days here walking amongst the dragons and seeing them in their natural environment. They don't typically attack humans but I will definitely use a guide just in case.


These are the Gili Islands. Three, tiny island off the coast of Lombok. They are renowned for their peace and quiet (there are no motorized vehicles allowed), the rasta vibe, the white sand beaches and the fantastic snorkeling and diving.


One of the beaches on Gili. It's gonna be tough to come back to Korea after spending almost a month lounging at places like this!


I feel very blessed to be able to travel to these amazing places and see what life is like in other parts of the world. I look forward to sharing my memories of this adventure with you when I return!

1 comment: